OK, so this is a little late now. But when it comes to looking back over the last 12 months is it ever too late? It’s always lovely to look back over memories and plan forward for the year ahead. It is more fitting to do it at the start of the year, but I’ve never been one to follow the rules all the time, but I am always late with posting my tags (sorry guys!)
The Top 7 Tag
One Frazzled Mum started a blogger tag to share some of our best things on, and off the blog from 2018 as well as some things we are looking forward to in 2019. Anyone is welcome to take part, and if you would like to join in, this is all you need to do;
List your Favourite 7 Posts from 2018.
7 Things You Loved The Most About 2018. Whether you visited somewhere, or just had one of those moments you will never forget, if you loved it, list it!
7 Things You Are Looking Forward to in 2019. Whether those plans are set in stone or you something you would like to do this year, share with us.
Tag more Bloggers to Take Part. Share the love and tag others who would like to take part.
Say Thanks. Link back to the person who tagged you.
So here are my top 7’s…
Favourite / Top Posts of 2018
- Share Your Story; My Story; Miscarriage
This was a very big step for me. It was the first time I had actually spoken about and written about our miscarriages.
- Picking A School; Why I Feel So Nervous
Picking little man’s school was a big thing for me. I felt very nervous, what if we got it wrong, picked wrong and he hated it. I wrote this to try to make sense of how I was feeling.
- So My Not-So-Little Man, You’re Going to School
A letter to my little man before he went to school. One day I hope he reads this.
- Family Time at THB Tropical Island, Lanzarote
Our first holiday abroad. Memories on our little space on the internet.
- A Thank You For Looking After my Son
Can you see a theme from last year? I had a lot of emotions with Reuben going to school and so I wrote, a lot!
- Sorry, You’re Not Able to Give Blood.
A really important post for me to write. To try to raise awareness about giving blood and how not everyone is able to do it.
- Baby Loss; It’s OK Not to be OK
Another important post I wanted to share. When we had our miscarriage I felt for a long time that I should be feeling “OK by now” but there is no timescale on grieving and it is OK to not be OK!
7 Things You Loved The Most About 2018
- We moved, finally.
- We had 3 family holidays – Lanzarote, Butlins and Glamping in Cromer
- Reuben started school, and loved it.
- We had a family photo shoot, it was beautiful. It’s something that I would like to do every 2 years ideally so that we keep getting up to date photos of all of us together.
- We took the children crabbing. It was all of out first time but it definitely won’t be our last!
- Weddings! We went to two weddings in 2018 which were lovely to be part of.
- Date day with the hubby! We went to London for the day, had some dinner and watch The Woman in Black which was amazing.
7 Things You Are Looking Forward to in 2019
- Relaxing. After a busy year last year we plan to relax more this year.
- Holidays. We really want to go away a few times again this year. Perhaps one week away and then a few long weekends.
- Decorating. With moving came Pintrest Boards for decorating. We won’t be rushing anything or settling. We want to do it how we want it and that is going to take time.
- Exercise. I have joined the gym to take part in classes. I’m looking forward to doing more of this. Some time for me and time to get healthy
- BBQ’s. I’m so excited to have BBQ’s in the garden, now we actually have a decent sized garden
- Family Walks. Making the most of our National Trust membership.
- Weekend away. Our Christmas present to each other was a night away. My parents are having the children and we are going to have the day to ourselves. We’re planning some walking, an escape room and delicious food. And a LIE IN!!
This is the part where tag other bloggers to join in. I’m sure that most have already taken part in this already but just in case you haven’t, I’m tagging